Chair Yoga is for everyone, at all ages and stages of life.
- Learn Chair Yoga postures, joint warm-ups, Sun & Moon Salutations + yoga asanas
- Practice yoga seated or standing, using a chair for support.
- 12 Chair Yoga classes (10-60 minutes)
- Learn the Sivananda Yoga sequence: 50 min, adapted using a chair
- Guided meditation, yogic breathing exercises (pranayama) and relaxation videos to calm the mind
- Yogic philosophy and ahimsa (nonviolence) lecture & vegan recipes
- Office Yoga videos (short practices to do at your desk)
- Chants, healing affirmations and mantras + tips for healthy living
- Short 2-10 min yoga break videos
- Access to a private facebook group for ongoing support
- PDF downloads
- Access to a private facebook group for SunLight Yoga Online Courses
- Self-paced with unlimited viewing
Yoga makes you stronger, more flexible, improves balance, concentration and brings inner peace.
Instructor: Stacie Dooreck, Certified Sivananda Yoga Instructor since 1995, Gentle Integral & Kundalini Yoga Certified Instructor, and author of SunLIght Chair Yoga: yoga for everyone! & Yoga for Everyone! books and ebooks. www.sunlightyoga.com
- Author of SunLight Chair Yoga: yoga for everyone! and Yoga for everyone! books
- Certified Sivananda Yoga Instructor since 1995
- Kundalini (KRI) and Prenatal Khalsa Way Kundalini Certified Yoga Instructor
- Iyengar Advanced Studies Program and High Desert Yoga teacher trained
- Fall Prevention, Enhanced Fitness and Silver Sneakers for Seniors certified
- Gentle Integral Yoga teacher
- Stress Management Specialist for the Ornish Heart Disease Reversal Program
- Stress Management Specialist for the Alzheimer's Research Study at Preventative Medicine Research Institute
- Faculty Chair Yoga presenter a 2 year program: Sivananda Yoga Health Educator Course; CA
- Creator and instructor for Chair Yoga teacher trainings at Sivananda Yoga Ashram & online
- Instructor for monthly cable TV show "Chair Yoga with Stacie" on Marin TV
Stacie has been featured on:
KQED/NPR CA Report Radio, CBS Miami Healthwatch 5pm News, Yogiviews Cable TV, Albuquerque Journal, Good Morning Sacramento, NM News, LA Yoga Magazine, Marin Magazine, Women's World, Alzheimer's Speaks Radio, Inquire Within and Body Wisdom with Dr. Michellle Summers podcast.
Stacie has been a presenter for:
Accessible Yoga conferences, the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation Cruise for a Cause, NBC Health Expo Miami, Sonoma Yoga Festival, San Francisco Green Festival, New Living Expo CA and FL, meditation instructor at Yoga Journal Conferences in San Diego, San Francisco and Florida.
"Stacie is breathing new life into South Florida Seniors" -CBS News
"Stacie’s work of the heart is helping others to feel sunshine amid the challenges of human life at every stage of being. The world needs more sunshine yoga teachers like Stacie." -San Francisco Yoga Magazine
StartWelcome to Chair Yoga for everyone! online course #1, 3 min video (2:57)
StartIntention Setting Meditation (video and worksheet) (6:09)
StartIntro to Chair Yoga and Chair Yoga Practice Sequence - PDF Downloads
StartThe Five Points of Yoga Lecture, 12.5 min (13:03)
StartNew to Yoga? Tips for New Students & Intro to Yoga, article/PDF
StartHave questions during this course? Need support?
Frequently Asked Questions
Enjoy your yoga and Chair Yoga practice. Yoga is so beneficial to the body and mind. Practice, practice, practice! You can watch these videos and lectures as often as you like and use the guided short and longer relaxation and meditation videos to create a daily home practice, Or you can use these videos to take 5-10 min Chair Yoga at work breaks. For further resources and reading, you can purchase the Sunlight Chair Yoga: yoga for everyone! or Yoga for Everyone books on www.sunlightyoga.com