Yoga is for everyone, at all ages and stages of life.
This course includes:
- Guided meditation, walking and eye gazing meditations
- Yogic breathing exercises (pranayama)
- Guided yogic progressive relaxation videos
- Affirmations and mantras and tips for healthy living
- Short and long meditation and relaxation breaks
- PDF handouts
- Instructed by Stacie Dooreck, Author of SunLight Chair Yoga and Yoga for everyone! books, Certified Yoga Instructor since 1995 and Stress Management Specialist for the N. CA Heart Disease Reversal Program
Meditation and conscious relaxation improves concentration, clarity, intuition and brings inner peace.
"Meditation, which is the practice of focused concentration, bringing yourself back to the moment over and over again, actually addresses stress, whether positive or negative." Meditation can also reduce the areas of anxiety, chronic pain, depression, heart disease and high blood pressure." -Mayo Clinici
- Is self-paced: go in any order of modules and videos
- Unlimited viewing
- Includes access to a private closed facebook group Chair Yoga & Yoga for Everyone! SunLight Yoga Online Courses for ongoing support.
Instructed by Stacie Dooreck, Certified Sivananda Yoga Instructor since 1995, Gentle Integral and Kundalini Yoga Certified Instructor and author of SunLIght Chair Yoga: yoga for everyone! and Yoga for Everyone! books. SunLight Yoga
About Stacie Dooreck, Author and Certified Yoga Instructor
"Stacie Dooreck is a yoga Instructor that is breathing new life into South Florida seniors." CBS Miami News
"Stacie’s work of the heart is helping others to feel sunshine amid the challenges of human life at every stage of being. The world needs more sunshine yoga teachers like Stacie." San Francisco Yoga MagazineStacie Dooreck's, bio:
- Author of SunLight Chair Yoga: yoga for everyone! & Yoga for everyone! books
- Certified Sivananda Yoga Instructor since 1995
- Kundalini (KRI) and Prenatal Khalsa Way Kundalini Certified Yoga Instructor
- Iyengar Advanced Studies Program trained
- Gentle Integral Yoga teacher (teaching yoga to all abilities)
- Stress Management Specialist for the Ornish Heart Disease Reversal Program
- Stress Management Specialist for the Alzheimer's Research Study at Preventative Medicine Research Institute
- Faculty for the Health Educator program at Sivananda Yoga Farm
- Created Chair Yoga teacher trainings online & onsite at Sivananda Yoga Ashrams
- Created and taught for a "Yoga and Chair Yoga with Stacie" Cable TV series (2019)
- Office Yoga instructor for Bay Area companies, including 2019-2020 for an NFL team front office staff, prior instructor for Lucas Films, Adobe, Inc and bebe stores inc
Stacie has been featured on:
KQED/NPR CA Report Radio, CBS Miami Healthwatch 5pm News, Yogiviews Cable TV, Albuquerque Journal, Good Morning Sacramento, NM News, LA Yoga Magazine, Marin Magazine, Women's World, Alzheimer's Speaks Radio, Body Wisdom with Dr. Michellle Summers podcast and Inquire Within Podcast.
StartRelaxation Pose Modifications and Benefits, 2 m video lecture and PDF (2:19)
Start4 Min Guided Relaxation (3:54)
Start10 min Guided Relaxation (chair or floor practice) (22:44)
Start20 min Guided Relaxation (20:28)
StartGuided Yogic Relaxation for Healing, 30 minutes (30:00)
StartYogic Relaxation with floor and Chair Yoga options, 8 pg PDF from Yoga for Everyone! book
Frequently Asked Questions
Meditation and Relaxation gives you a tool to manage stress. This online course will teach yogic relaxation, meditation and healthy living ideas. This course can be viewed for a guided practice as often as you like, with meditations, guided progressive relaxation, healing ideas and affirmations for physical, emotional and mental health.
Enjoy the benefits of yoga! Yoga brings ease, peace and joy to the practitioner. I made this course for YOU!
For those registered fo this online self-paced course, you will also be invited to a private closed facebook group, to ask questions and get support from your instructor, and others around the world. I am here to support your healing and wellness journey.
If you want additional yoga photos and descriptions, as another resource to go with the course videos, lectures and handouts, you may also enjoy my books: Yoga for Everyone! or SunLight Chair Yoga (on www.sunlightyoga.com ).
Have a great day.