Chair Yoga Teacher Certification Course
- This is a teacher training certification course to teach Chair Yoga to everyone. It includes accessibility to teach health and wellness from yogic teachings for seniors, to those with limited mobility, chronic illness, pre/post surgery, in wheelchairs, as classroom breaks for children and teens, preventative community health and wellness offerings, at health fairs, at companies and nonprofits, and for all ages and abilities.
- After this course, you can start Chair Yoga programs and classes at hospitals, assisted living homes, support groups, yoga studios, expos, non-profits, medical offices, community centers and companies.
- This will train you to teach modified yoga postures using chairs (standing and seated) for mixed level classes and private sessions
- This course is useful for yoga teachers, OT's, nurses, PT's, MD's, school teachers, caregivers, social workers and for those wanting to teach Chair Yoga.
Additional & optional 15+ hours of live filmed classes Weekly live online classes (optional) and included
- Optional monthly Chair Yoga training/Q & A class (recorded links shared after)
- Weekly Monday 12pm Pacific time Zoom live Chair Yoga classes (included in the training)
Taught by a Certified Yoga Instructor since 1995 with extensive experience and author of Sunlight Chair Yoga and Yoga for Everyone! books (featured on CBS news, KQED radio, San Francisco and LA Yoga Magazine, NM news and creator of the “Yoga with Stacie: yoga for everyone!” Marin Cable TV show). “Stacie is breathing new life into S. Florida seniors.” CBS Healthwatch Miami News
What is Chair Yoga?
It is Yoga, using a chair (standing and seated, or both), using the chair as a prop for support. Chair Yoga makes practicing yoga accessible for all populations, ages and conditions.
What is a Chair Yoga class like?
Chair Yoga classes with Stacie (or from Sunlight Chair Yoga videos or books), gives you the full benefits any other yoga class entails: centering, yoga warm-ups, yoga exercises & postures, concentration & breathing exercises, guided relaxation & meditation.
Why teach Chair Yoga?
Because you can help bring wellness, health and stress management to your community including, seniors, children, teens, adults and everyone, as well as yourself in the process of learning to teach.
Bring Chair Yoga to your community.
About Stacie Dooreck, Author and Certified Yoga Instructor
"Stacie Dooreck is a yoga Instructor that is breathing new life into South Florida seniors." CBS Miami News
"Stacie’s work of the heart is helping others to feel sunshine amid the challenges of human life at every stage of being. The world needs more sunshine yoga teachers like Stacie." San Francisco Yoga MagazineStacie Dooreck's, bio:
- Author of SunLight Chair Yoga: yoga for everyone! & Yoga for everyone! books
- Certified Sivananda Yoga Instructor since 1995
- Kundalini (KRI) and Prenatal Khalsa Way Kundalini Certified Yoga Instructor
- Iyengar Advanced Studies Program trained
- Gentle Integral Yoga teacher (teaching yoga to all abilities)
- Stress Management Specialist for the Ornish Heart Disease Reversal Program
- Stress Management Specialist for the Alzheimer's Research Study at Preventative Medicine Research Institute
- Faculty for the Health Educator program at Sivananda Yoga Farm (2017-2019)
- Creator and instructed for annual Chair Yoga teacher trainings at Bahamas Sivananda Yoga Ashram (2012-2019)
- Created self-paced online Chair Yoga teacher training
- "Chair Yoga with Stacie" Cable TV series (2019)
Stacie has been featured on:
KQED/NPR CA Report Radio, CBS Miami Healthwatch 5pm News, Yogiviews Cable TV, Albuquerque Journal, Good Morning Sacramento, NM News, LA Yoga Magazine, Marin Magazine, Women's World, Alzheimer's Speaks Radio, Body Wisdom with Dr. Michellle Summers podcast and Inquire Within Podcast.
StartWelcome to Chair Yoga teacher training (5:40)
StartTopics Covered in the SunLight Chair Yoga teacher training. 1 Pg PDF
StartOpening Mantras, 3 min and mantras chant sheet (3:04)
StartIntention Setting Meditation (Sankalpa) (8:15)
StartIntro to Yoga + Tips for New Yoga Students. + Try a 5-30 minute Chair Yoga Break from the Class Sessions or Short Yoga Break Module
StartTips for New Yoga Students 3 Pg PDF
StartIntro to Chair Yoga & Chair Yoga Sequence, as featured in LA Yoga Magazine, PDF download. Chair Yoga
StartCommon questions, teaching credentials, cont ed. and teaching tips 4 pg PDF
StartQuestions? Need Support?
StartOptional Live Weekly Monday Class on Zoom and a monthly teacher training class
Frequently Asked Questions
I am glad that you are interested in teaching Chair Yoga. Not only will you benefit yourself, from learning yoga, mediation, stress reduction techniques and Chair Yoga postures, by sharing it with others, you can make an impact on your community and help other people feel more ease in the body, and peace in the mind. Yoga truly is for everyone!
If you are wanting to enjoy taking Chair Yoga classes at home on video, but do not want to teach, you may enjoy my Chair Yoga or Yoga for everyone! online courses or books.
Enjoy your yoga and journey to wellness.