SunLight Chair Yoga teacher training
- Teach Chair Yoga to seniors, to those with limited mobility, chronic illness, pre/post surgery, in wheelchairs, as classroom breaks for children and teens, at health fairs and at work
- Teach at hospitals, assisted living homes, support groups, yoga studios, expos, non-profits, medical offices, community centers and companies
- Learn to teach: modified yoga postures using chairs for mixed level classes and private sessions
- For yoga teachers, OT's, nurses, PT's, MD's, school teaches, caregivers, social workers and for those wanting to learn chair yoga
- Over 30 hours of lectures, videos (practice and teaching) with PDFs
- This course includes learning to practice and teach modified Chair Yoga seated and standing poses, guided yogic relaxation, pranayama (breathing exercises), healing affirmations and mediation techniques
- This course includes videos and PDFs on the anatomy, benefits and contraindications of yoga poses
- Yogic diet, recipes and ahimsa (nonviolence) and yogic philosophy lectures
- Centering, chanting and mantras with video lectures
- Office Yoga: teaching at companies
- Marketing Chair Yoga and starting up new classes
- Short Chair Yoga breaks at home or work
- Taught by a Certified Yoga Instructor since 1995 with extensive experience and author of Sunlight Chair Yoga and Yoga for Everyone! books (featured on CBS news, KQED radio, NM news)
- Includes a certificate of completion
- Continuing education non-contact hours for yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance
What is Chair Yoga?
It is Yoga, using a chair (standing and seated, or both), using the chair as a prop for support. Chair Yoga makes practicing yoga accessible for all populations, ages and conditions.
What is a Chair Yoga class like?
Chair Yoga classes with Stacie (or from Sunlight Chair Yoga videos or books), gives you the full benefits any other yoga class entails: centering, yoga warm-ups, yoga exercises & postures, concentration & breathing exercises, guided relaxation & meditation.
Why teach Chair Yoga?
Because you can help seniors, children, teens, adults and everyone, and yourself in the process of learning to teach.
Bring Chair Yoga to your community.
About Stacie Dooreck, Author and Certified Yoga Instructor
"Stacie Dooreck is a yoga Instructor that is breathing new life into South Florida seniors." CBS Miami News
"Stacie’s work of the heart is helping others to feel sunshine amid the challenges of human life at every stage of being. The world needs more sunshine yoga teachers like Stacie." San Francisco Yoga MagazineStacie Dooreck's, bio:
- Author of SunLight Chair Yoga: yoga for everyone! & Yoga for everyone! books
- Certified Sivananda Yoga Instructor since 1995
- Kundalini (KRI) and Prenatal Khalsa Way Kundalini Certified Yoga Instructor
- Iyengar Advanced Studies Program trained
- Gentle Integral Yoga teacher (teaching yoga to all abilities)
- Stress Management Specialist for the Ornish Heart Disease Reversal Program
- Stress Management Specialist for the Alzheimer's Research Study at Preventative Medicine Research Institute
- Faculty for the Health Educator program at Sivananda Yoga Farm
- Creator and instructor for annual Chair Yoga teacher trainings at the Bahamas Sivananda Yoga Ashram
- Created self-paced online Chair Yoga teacher training
- Chair Yoga with Stacie Marin TV series (out 2019)
Stacie has been featured on:
KQED/NPR CA Report Radio, CBS Miami Healthwatch 5pm News, Yogiviews Cable TV, Albuquerque Journal, Good Morning Sacramento, NM News, LA Yoga Magazine, Marin Magazine, Women's World, Alzheimer's Speaks Radio, Body Wisdom with Dr. Michellle Summers podcast and Inquire Within Podcast.
StartWelcome to Chair Yoga teacher training (5:40)
StartTopics Covered in the SunLight Chair Yoga teacher training. 1 Pg PDF
StartOpening Mantras, 3 min and mantras chant sheet (3:04)
StartIntention Setting Meditation (Sankalpa) (8:15)
StartIntro to Chair Yoga & Chair Yoga Sequence, as featured in LA Yoga Magazine, PDF download. Chair Yoga
StartThe Five Points of Yoga, video lecture (12:49)
StartTips for New Yoga Students 3 Pg PDF
StartIntro to Yoga + Tips for New Yoga Students. + Try a 5-30 minute Chair Yoga Break from the Class Sessions or Short Yoga Break Module
StartQuestions? Need Support?
StartCommon questions, teaching credentials, cont ed. and teaching tips 4 pg PDF
Frequently Asked Questions
I am glad that you are interested in teaching Chair Yoga. Not only will you benefit yourself, from learning yoga, mediation, stress reduction techniques and Chair Yoga postures, by sharing it with others, you can make an impact on your community and help other people feel more ease in the body, and peace in the mind. Yoga truly is for everyone!
If you are wanting to enjoy taking Chair Yoga classes at home on video, but do not want to teach, you may enjoy my Chair Yoga or Yoga for everyone! online courses or books.
Enjoy your yoga and journey to wellness.